Thursday, July 31, 2014

Travel- Ximending, Taiwan

Upon arrival in Taiwan, we still haven't booked any hotels yet, so we just "emergency" booked into WESTGATE Hotel Ximending- a hotel with few meters away from the big scene of Taiwan's little Shibuya.

 I have to honestly say that the shopping are wasn't that attractive during day time, but the wonders came out when the clock turns into evening and the different amazing colors of Ximending sprung out.


 





The place was a little bit confusing, but if you're kinda' good at maps, well, maybe you can make your way in Ximending. In just two days I was able to memorize the place.

In the shopping aspect, I think the prices there are more expensive than the one they have at Shihlin Night Market (take a train then go off at Jiantan Stn.), but if you're a claustrophobic person I would recommend that you just shop here at Ximending.

The Red House that they call, for me is not that amazing and functional, it's just like a collection of vintage stores with not that much of shops inside the building. However, the place is good for photography.






Let's talk about the Toilet Restaurant. Honestly, for the first days of my stay in Taiwan I haven't eaten any REAL food (maybe their food is not my taste), but this restaurant has one of those that have alot to offer to your taste buds. The theme is creative, although sorta' sensitive for some, and you'll really enjoy this spot.

If I would rate my Ximending experience, it would be 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment